A “multiplex” network model can shed light on the dynamics of over-the-counter derivatives markets, researchers find in a new staff working paper published by the Bank of England.
Marco Bardoscia, Ginestra Bianconi and Gerardo Ferrara make use of a multiplex model as this allows them to build a network consisting of multiple markets and asset classes. They draw on trade repository data for the OTC derivatives markets in interest rates, credit and foreign exchange.
The model allows the authors
- BoE revamps expenses rules after criticism from MPs
- Draghi warns of downside risks as ECB ends net asset purchases
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Five central banks and supervisors join environmental group