The Central Bank of Barbados will stop publishing independent GDP figures in place of using the national statistical agency’s figures, the central bank announced earlier this month.
After an “extensive consultative process”, the Statistical Service has “enhanced its approach to GDP”, the central bank said.
“In particular, the revision of the methodology for estimating real GDP included updating the base year for prices to 2010, to better reflect the pricing structure of the current economy.”
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management