Central banks are not fully prepared for the use and regulation of crypto assets, given the remaining uncertainty, according to central bankers who gathered in Singapore on September 6.
In an Oxford-style debate, hosted at Central Banking’s FinTech and RegTech Global Summit, central bankers discussed issues surrounding the regulation of these emerging assets, concluding there was not enough knowledge within the community to construct appropriate regulation.
Uncertainty surrounding the design a
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure