The Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas) has launched a competition to name and design a new single currency, which is expected to be delivered by 2020.
According to a document published by the Bank of Ghana, one of the members of the Ecowas, the single currency will form one of 10 proposed programmes aimed at improving integration and growth within the region.
“In the implementation of this directive, the Ecowas Commission will organise a regional competition in order to receive
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management