The Central Bank of Venezuela has launched an app to help members of the public convert their savings into its new currency, which was unveiled earlier this month.
The app, named ‘Calculadora Soberana’, or the ‘Sovereign Calculator’, will help users to convert prices in old bolivars to the new ‘bolivar soberano’, which has ostensibly been pegged to the country’s new cryptocurrency – the petro.
In June, the central bank proposed a new currency series that would see the central bank slash severa
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief