Sveriges Riksbank has launched its first smartphone app as part of a broad communications push aimed at educating the public about its new banknote and coin series.
The Riksbank today (July 29) unveiled a "major information campaign", which hopes to reach the estimated 25% of the population that is still unaware of the impending changes.
The new notes will to be introduced from October this year, starting with the 20, 50, 200 and 1,000 krona denominations. The remaining denominations, 100 and 50
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling