The Philippine economy could navigate the less favourable external environment by investing in infrastructure, under Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte’s $180 billion ‘Build, Build, Build’ campaign, according to finance secretary Carlos Dominguez, speaking at the Economic and Infrastructure Forum in Manila today (July 1).
The Central Bank of the Philippines (BSP) has also stepped in to support the government’s plans. A deputy governor, speaking at the same event, said the central bank was
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit