Pakistan: The State Bank of Pakistan's sparse central board of directors was boosted with the arrival of five new faces yesterday, leaving just two vacancies still to be filled.
The Ministry of Finance brought the new non-executive directors to the board on three-year terms: Mehmood Mandviwalla, Shahid Ahmed Khan, Nawaz Tiwana, Iskander Khan and Iqbal Hasan. Prior to the appointments, only three of the board's 10 positions were occupied, with three of the vacancies dating back two years.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations