On Wednesday, representatives of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) gathered in Kuala Lumpur to discuss the topic of central banking and financial sector development.
The central bank and monetary authority officials released a joint statement after the meeting, wherein they stressed that the role of Islamic finance in the process of emerging economies contributing to the global economic recovery "should be given special attention".
"In this regard, we reaffirm our commitment to stren
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?