Many banks have failed to deliver on promises they would improve their behaviour, and need to embark more seriously on a process of cultural change, according to members of the influential Group of 30 (G30).
"Those banks that have developed a culture that is not appropriate have to do a lot of hard work… in terms of changing behaviours inside the firm," says Jean-Claude Trichet, the former governor of the European Central Bank and chairman of the G30, speaking to Central Banking.
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency