A top Federal Reserve official has dismissed claims that liquidity is evaporating in over-the-counter derivatives markets.
Daniel Tarullo, a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, said he does not see a problem with illiquidity in swaps and fixed-income markets.
"You don't see much evidence in spreads of big changes or illiquidity," Tarullo said at an Institute of International Finance conference in New York earlier today (June 4).
However, Tarullo did acknowledge that s
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms