A top Federal Reserve official has dismissed claims that liquidity is evaporating in over-the-counter derivatives markets.
Daniel Tarullo, a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, said he does not see a problem with illiquidity in swaps and fixed-income markets.
"You don't see much evidence in spreads of big changes or illiquidity," Tarullo said at an Institute of International Finance conference in New York earlier today (June 4).
However, Tarullo did acknowledge that s
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor