Norway's sovereign wealth fund (SWF) made strong returns in the first quarter of 2015, as the fund benefited from strong global equity markets and a falling krone.
Norges Bank Investment Management's (NBIM) first quarter report, published today (April 29) said the fund had broken a new record for quarterly returns in krone terms – 401 billion ($53bn), or 5.3%.
"There were big price movements in the European market. After a weak return on European stocks last year, the market rallied in the first
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde