South African Reserve Bank (Sarb) insider Kuben Naidoo was named deputy governor today, filling the vacancy created when Lesetja Kganyago took over as governor in November.
Naidoo currently works as an adviser to the governor and serves on the monetary policy committee (MPC), which held the Sarb's benchmark rate at 5.75% yesterday.
His past roles include acting head of the secretariat for the National Planning Commission and deputy director-general responsible for the Budget Office at the
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit