The National Bank of Poland (NBP) today published the full forecasts that prompted the monetary policy council (MPC) to cut rates by 50 basis points last week – a move it says "concludes the monetary easing cycle" at the central bank.
The Economic Institute at the NBP is responsible for compiling forecasts. The latest quarterly inflation report reveals a sharp decline in the inflation outlook compared with three months ago.
In November, the institute forecast annual CPI inflation of 1% in 2015,
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency