Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) governor Glenn Stevens has decided that Australia's next generation of banknotes will include 'tactile' features to help people with visual impairments identify the value of currency in circulation.
Australian banknote denominations are already designed in bright colours, use large and bold numbers and come in different sizes to assist visually impaired customers in identifying their value. But the new notes will also include an as-yet-unspecified 'tactile' featur
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?