The European Central Bank (ECB) will unveil the results of its bank health check this Sunday, with the institution insisting early reports of 25 banks failing are "highly speculative".
Over the past year the ECB has overseen a ‘comprehensive assessment' of the 130 most significant banks in the eurozone, including an asset quality review (AQR) and stress test.
The results of the exercise will be released on Sunday, October 26, at 12:00 local time. Speculation over which banks have passed or faile
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor