The Financial Stability Board (FSB) has requested feedback from the industry on an interim report released by its Foreign Exchange Benchmarks Group (FXBG), which was set up in February in response to accusations that market participants had manipulated the WM/Reuters benchmark rate.
The FXBG – chaired by Guy Debelle, assistant governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia, and Paul Fisher, executive director for markets at the Bank of England (BoE) – has been tasked with reviewing benchmarking pract
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements