The European Central Bank (ECB) has revealed five of the seven deputy directors-general who will work in the forthcoming single supervisory mechanism (SSM), with representation from most of the eurozone's biggest countries.
The SSM will consist of four directorates-general covering the direct supervision of "significant" banks (DGs I and II), indirect supervision of all other banks (DG III), and horizontal and specialised services (DG IV).
The head of each directorate-general was announced in Ja
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system