The Central Bank of Venezuela is teaming up with Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA), the state-owned oil company, in a bid to "regularise" the production, sales and purchases of gold in the country, Venezuela's vice-president and economy minister, Rafael Ramírez, said on Monday.
The central bank will purchase all the gold mined in the country in a bid by to curb smuggling, according to Caracas-based El Universal.
In a statement on its website, PDVSA said it will have a majority stake in the $40 bill
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart