The Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) is instituting a monthly national consumer expectations survey in early 2014 as part of its newly launched Center for Microeconomic Data, the bank revealed today in the first of a series of four articles to be published this week introducing the new survey.
The New York Fed will launch the FRBNY Survey of Consumer Expectations (SCE) – the upshot of a "five-year collaborative research project with economists, psychologists and survey design experts" –
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor