Average daily turnover in the global foreign exchange market has reached $5.3 trillion, up from $4 trillion in 2010, according to the latest triennial survey from the Bank for International Settlements, with the UK continuing to comprise the largest slice of the business.
Net average daily turnover in the UK forex market – compiled by the Bank of England – was $2.73 trillion in April 2013, up 47% from the $1.85 trillion recorded in April 2010. (The total global figure is lower than what is impli
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot