Plans by the Cypriot government to alter the governance of the Central Bank of Cyprus have come in for criticism from the European Central Bank (ECB), which says the draft law contains a number of measures that threaten the Cypriot central bank's independence.
The draft law "modifies the composition" of the Central Bank of Cyprus's board of directors, expanding the number from five to seven in addition to the governor and deputy governor. Two will be executive directors, who will be assigned "sp
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard