The governor of the Bank of England, Mervyn King, today said there is a limit to what monetary stimulus can contribute to the UK's economic recovery - and said the economy must adjust.
At a press conference following the release of the Bank of England's latest quarterly inflation report, King said the central bank is forced to "run up an ever steeper hill" due to monetary stimulus having incentivised households and businesses to bring spending forward from tomorrow to today - meaning when tomorr
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system