The next generation of Asian emerging markets will suffer from rising income inequality and a depletion of resources if the correct policy frameworks are not adopted, according to the Bank of Thailand governor and an IMF deputy managing director.
Prasarn Trairatvorakul, the Thai governor, today lauded the potential of 'Frontier Asia' – less developed countries in the region that have experienced prolonged periods of growth – but warned stronger policy frameworks would be needed to achieve and su
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling