The UK's National Statistician will tomorrow morning (10 January, GMT) unveil her recommendation on modifications to how the Retail Prices Index (RPI) is calculated – with the potential to bring RPI more closely into line with the generally lower Consumer Prices Index.
The National Statistician, Jil Matheson, heads up the Office for National Statistics (ONS), which received more than 400 responses to its consultation that ran from October 8 to November 30 last year.
The Bank of England currently
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS