The UK's National Statistician will tomorrow morning (10 January, GMT) unveil her recommendation on modifications to how the Retail Prices Index (RPI) is calculated – with the potential to bring RPI more closely into line with the generally lower Consumer Prices Index.
The National Statistician, Jil Matheson, heads up the Office for National Statistics (ONS), which received more than 400 responses to its consultation that ran from October 8 to November 30 last year.
The Bank of England currently
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?