The Bank of Canada is hunting for another Canadian citizen to replace outgoing governor Mark Carney, according to an advert for the job launched on its website on January 7.
Mark Carney will take over from Mervyn King as Bank of England (BoE) governor on June 30, and a special committee of the Bank of Canada's board of directors are searching for a successor.
Only Canadian citizens can apply for the role, according to the eligibility requirements specified in the Bank of Canada Act.
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector