The Bank of England should engage in greater dialogue and co-operation with Chinese authorities to promote the internationalisation of renminbi, including setting up a swap line with the People's Bank of China (PBoC), a senior Chinese official has warned.
Speaking at an event hosted by the City of London Corporation last night, Xia Bin, a former member of the monetary policy committee of the PBoC and now director of the Finance Institute of the State Council Development Research Center, and coun
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor