The Financial Stability Board (FSB) has released a number of recommendations aimed at delivering effective regulation of the shadow banking sector. The FSB estimated the sector grew to approximately $67 trillion in the 26 jurisdictions monitored in 2011.
A consultative document, published on November 18, set out a number of recommendations across specific areas the FSB identified in a report in October 2011. These focused on spill-overs from the regular banking sector, mitigating systemic risks
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say