The new external member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), Ian McCafferty, was noncommittal about his policy intentions in a questionnaire released by the central bank today (September 11).
In advance of his Treasury Select Committee Appointment Hearing, McCafferty was probed on topics including quantitative easing (QE), the Funding for Lending scheme and UK inflation, and he remained equivocal towards each.
It was announced in July that McCafferty would replace outgoing M
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde