The finance minister of New Zealand, Bill English, today (July 19) appointed Rod Carr, the vice-chancellor of the University of Canterbury, to the board of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
"Dr Carr has extensive experience, both in the banking industry and as a director," English said. "I'm confident he will make a strong contribution to the board of the Reserve Bank."
Carr holds a number of governance positions including the chairmanship of the National Infrastructure Advisory Board as well as
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?