The Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global, Norway's international sovereign wealth fund, today (July 5) agreed to purchase 50% stakes in five properties in Paris, France, for a total of €275 million ($340 million).
The purchases are part of an effort by the fund to diversify its portfolio, following a mandate from the Norwegian government to increase the share of assets devoted to real estate to 5%. A spokeswoman for the Norges Bank, which manages the fund through its investment arm, said
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit