The Deutsche Bundesbank issued a monthly report on June 8 that contained a growth estimate of 1% for the country's GDP this year. The prediction was higher than the 0.6% suggested in December 2011.
"The German economy is currently in a difficult environment. Nevertheless, in its new projection for 2012 and 2013, the Deutsche Bundesbank expects the upturn to continue," said the report.
The central bank noted the influence of three main factors on the economy at present, the combination of which c
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS