The Central Bank of Ireland today (May 9) launched a new limited edition €20 commemorative gold coin to celebrate Irish monastic art. The central bank said 12,000 of the new coins will be issued.
The coin features the work of Irish artist Tom Ryan and is available to the public immediately.
The front of the coin depicts a monk at work transcribing the gospels. The words 'Book of Kells' are written above the image of the monk. The Book of Kells is an ancient Irish manuscript, in which images from
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system