The Central Bank of Ireland today (May 9) launched a new limited edition €20 commemorative gold coin to celebrate Irish monastic art. The central bank said 12,000 of the new coins will be issued.
The coin features the work of Irish artist Tom Ryan and is available to the public immediately.
The front of the coin depicts a monk at work transcribing the gospels. The words 'Book of Kells' are written above the image of the monk. The Book of Kells is an ancient Irish manuscript, in which images from
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?