George Canellos, the director of the US Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) New York regional office, is to take over as deputy director of the SEC's enforcement division in Washington, DC.
He replaces Lorin Reisner, who announced in November last year that he was moving to the New York Southern District US attorney's office, the leading US prosecutor on many financial crime cases – where Canellos also worked as an assistant attorney before joining the SEC in 2009.
During his time in New
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor