The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks in India to accept National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) electronic transfers for credit to loan accounts, following complaints from customers.
The NEFT payments system allows funds to be transferred electronically and is meant for one-to-one funds transfers. It can be used for transferring funds to beneficiaries "and no restrictions have been placed thereon," according to the central bank. Launched in 2005, the central bank said the system had
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?