Tributes were paid today (March 8), as the Bank of England (BoE) announced that Sir George Blunden, former deputy governor of the central bank, passed away on March 3.
Prior to his ennoblement as Lord Kingsdown, Robin Leigh-Pemberton was governor of the Bank of England when Blunden returned to the central bank as deputy governor. He says Blunden was "the most experienced man at the Bank of England when I was there, and we were able to turn to him with confidence to deal with any situation that a
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms