Bank Negara Malaysia on Wednesday launched its new currency series for 2012.
At the event marking the new series, Malaysian prime minister Sri Mohd Najib Tun Haji Abdul Razak revealed the newly designed banknotes denominated in M$1, M$5, M$10, M$20 and M$100. The central bank says the banknotes are due to enter circulation in the second half of 2012.
Bank Negara Malaysia says the new series of banknotes incorporates enhanced security features using the latest advancements in banknote technology.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS