Risk managers need to take decisions based on a full array of inputs – many of which remain qualitative – and should not place too much reliance on the numerical outputs of sophisticated quantitative risk management software systems, according to the risk management head of the Bank of Uganda and other senior African central bankers attending National Asset and Liability Management Africa 2011 on December 1 and 2.
Stephen Ssendikaddiwa-Mwebe, deputy director for the strategy and risk management
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations