Philip Lowe was on Monday promoted to the position of deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA). Lowe is currently assistant governor (economic) and chief economic adviser to the governor and the Reserve Bank board.
Lowe will replace Ric Battellino on February 14, 2012. Battellino is retiring from the RBA after a career of 39 years. Lowe will serve a seven-year term.
After joining the central bank in 1980, Lowe progressed through the ranks before leaving after being named head of th
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase