The National Bank of Austria on Thursday signed an agreement with the People's Bank of China to allow Austria to invest via the Chinese central bank in renminbi-denominated assets.
A joint statement from both central banks said that the agreement was based on the "excellent, long-lasting contacts" between them. The governors of the two central banks, Zhou Xiaochuan and Ewald Nowotny, met in Beijing to finalise the agreement, hailed as "important" in the statement.
This is the first agreement of
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB