On Thursday, the Intergovernmental Group Of Twenty-Four (G-24) on International Monetary Affairs and Development met in Washington, DC.
In a communiqué released after the meeting, the world leaders said "ongoing efforts to strengthen the effectiveness of International Monetary Fund surveillance [of financial institutions] are often undermined by inappropriate and weak implementation framework and practices".
Strengthening the capacity and governance of the international financial institutions wa
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms