Thailand's finance minister Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala on Saturday called on the Bank of Thailand to consider creating a sovereign wealth fund (SWF) to manage the country's reserves.
In a post on social networking website Facebook, Phuvanatnaranubala said the US and Europe were "printing too much money", and that their "weak" foreign currencies relative to the baht had created a "real risk" to the value of assets at the central bank. As a result, Phuvanatnaranubala said the central bank should
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security