In the July edition of its Asia Economic Monitor, published on Thursday, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) called for more policy cooperation among emerging East Asian countries.
The document said emerging East Asia should "accelerate" and "advance" regional policy cooperation to "ensure more balanced and sustained growth".
The report highlighted three types of regional macroeconomic policy cooperation – information-sharing, regime-setting and policy coordination.
The ADB noted the work already d
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure