The president of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai, has reportedly banned US Treasury officials from the country's central bank.
Media reports surfaced on Wednesday saying the Treasury advisers were unwilling to carry out their work at the central bank because conditions had become too "hostile".
The Associated Press said the claims were made by the top US auditor for reconstruction, who is coordinating work to fight the flow of money to insurgents.
Chaos has struck Afghanistan after a massive fraud sca
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms