European bond markets were alarmed on Monday after concerns emerged over Italy's fiscal sustainability, sparking a sell off of Italian bonds.
The yield on Italian ten-year bonds rose to 5.53%, widening the spread to the German bund to 284 basis points at 17:30 UK time. The cost of insuring an Italian default for five years also increased, with the 5-year midpoint on Italian credit default swaps (CDS) rising by 50.6 basis points, to 293.4 basis points. Spreads on Greece, Spain, Portugal and Irela
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations