In a speech at the Czech Embassy in London on Wednesday, the governor of the Czech National Bank (CNB) warned that European authorities were losing credibility over their handling of the sovereign debt crisis.
"[Markets] see no will to allow Greece to leave the eurozone and depreciate, but they also see no willingness to support the country sufficiently. The solution to the crisis has already been made unavoidably costly due to past non-credible and unclear communication," said Singer.
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms