The board of directors of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) on Saturday appointed Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, as chairman of the Global Economy Meeting and the Economic Consultative Committee.
King was also named the new chair of the Group of Governors and Heads of Supervision (GHOS). He will take on all the new roles starting in November.
The new titles were handed to King just two weeks after he was knighted by the Queen in her birthday honours list.
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase