Financial regulators in Australia have recommended exempting foreign exchange swaps and forwards from any impending central counterparty clearing obligations in a discussion paper published by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) today.
In response to international reform of the over-the-counter derivatives market, regulators in Australia, which is a member of the Group of 20 leading economies and so committed to implementing similar reforms, have considered the logistics and challenges of centra
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio