Claver Gatete, the vice-governor at the National Bank of Rwanda was, on Friday, promoted to governor after former governor Francois Kanimba was made minister of trade and industry by Rwandan president Paul Kagame.
Kanimba, once a senior economist at the World Bank, first became vice-governor of the central bank on June 20, 2000. He was nominated as governor on March 29, 2002 for six years effective from April 6, 2002. His term was renewed in March 2008.
Gatete is a former ambassador to the Unite
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says