In one of his first interviews since taking office on Monday, Vitas Vasiliauskas, the new governor of the Bank of Lithuania told CentralBanking.com that Lithuania is recovering well from the financial crisis.
"The Lithuanian economy is on the path of recovery after the shock of the global financial turmoil. The signs of growth are obvious. But at the same time they are still fragile," he said. "The central bank must take all possible measures employing all the available instruments to ensure fin
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system